Salmon Pibil- Yucatan Recipe
by By John
* 2 banana leaves, passed over a flame to soften- be careful not to over cook
* 2 pound piece salmon filet
* 1 brick achiote paste (100 grams, about 2 ounces)
* ¾ cup bitter orange juice (or use half sweet orange juice and half vinegar)
* ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
* ½ teaspoon crumbled, dried oregano
* a pinch of cinnamon
* 2 whole allspice, ground
* 2 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed through a garlic press
* 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil Preparation Line a baking dish with the banana leaves, let them hang over the sides of the dish.
Place the salmon on these leaves. Mix all remaining ingredients, except the oil, and pour this marinade over the salmon.
Let it marinate for about 1 hour. Drizzle the oil over the salmon, fold the banana leaves over it, and cover all with aluminium foil.
Bake in a 350º oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through. Check with a fork if needed. Remove the foil, turn back the banana leaves and slice the salmon.
It serves 6 people.
We often go to Mexican hotel near by to eat this food.
we all like this food's taste and flavour.
enjoy the meal-